Wednesday, June 1, 2011

GOP Lawmaker Turns Down White House Meeting: “I Won’t Be Lectured to” By Failed President | The Gateway Pundit

GOP Lawmaker Turns Down White House Meeting: “I Won’t Be Lectured to” By Failed President | The Gateway Pundit

GOP Freshman Jeff Landry (R-LA) announced today that he would skip the meeting with Barack Obama at the White House.

Rep. Landry declines.

“I don’t intend to spend my morning being lectured to by a president whose failed policies have put our children and grandchildren in a huge burden of debt.”

The Hill reported:

A freshman GOP lawmaker rejected an invitation to the White House on Wednesday, saying he didn’t want to be “lectured” by President Obama.

“I have respectfully declined the president’s invitation to the White House today,” Rep. Jeff Landry (La.) said in a statement. “I don’t intend to spend my morning being lectured to by a president whose failed policies have put our children and grandchildren in a huge burden of debt.”

Landry is skipping a White House meeting with the entire GOP House caucus. Obama will meet with House Democrats on Thursday.

Here is Rep. Jeff Landry’s press release:

“I have respectfully declined the President’s invitation to the White House today. I don’t intend to spend my morning being lectured to by a President whose failed policies have put our children and grandchildren in a huge burden of debt. Over the past two years, President Obama and congressional Democrats have overseen the largest budget deficits in U.S. history. On top of that, the President’s budget adds $1.3 trillion to our national debt every year for the next ten years – a budget that failed to muster a single vote in the Senate. Until the President produces a responsible deficit reduction plan, I’m not going to the White House to negotiate with myself. Our conference has put out for months where we would start the process. The President has done nothing, just like he has for the people of the Gulf Coast. For months, the Louisiana delegation has sent the President numerous requests to meet with him or his chief of staff concerning the de facto moratorium issued in the Gulf of Mexico, a de facto moratorium that has driven gas prices up and now threatens to derail economic recovery; the President hasn’t even had the courtesy to write us a note back. I refuse to partake in his political grandstanding that will ultimately do nothing for debt reduction and job creation.”

Rep. Jeff Landry is a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment